Polish Army in CMBB- a lot of mistakes

Phillipe->

Take a look at this picture wchich was taken in 1943 in boot camp of 1st Infantry Division in Silece by Oka River. U can see the shape of eagle on the flag.

przysiega3ey.th.jpg

And if U download this short movie

http://www.wp39.netlook.pl/str/wp/wp6/w5/lwp-przysiega1dp.rar

from the same day in boot camp then U will find directly the sahpe of eagle and flag of polish troops on the east front.

The first of three eagels i posted already look as made of metal becouse it exacly is. That eagel is taken from polish field cap but the shape of emblem is the same.

Moreover i already made my mod for BMP408 for polish hidden units which adds very realistic taste to game. U can find it here:

http://img239.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img239ℑ=4083al.png

-> David

At this page:

http://www.whatfor.prv.pl/

U will find what U are looking for. A pity page is only in polish but on the sliding banners find one which is labeled as "PLAN 1935". There u can find chart of Warsaw from year 1935 and steets during Rising were almost the same.

And for eanglish speakers I strongly advise to take a look at following page:

http://www.warsawuprising.com/

Your idea of Rising mod is exellent and if I can help u in copleting such a project U can count on me.

The flag in the still shot looks like a regimental flag, but is a good source of eagles. But it's fascinating (and conclusive) that the eagle is so prominently displayed in the film. I need to watch it a few more times, because I think the eagle on the banners has texture (i.e. feathers).

Was it my imagination or were those Polish recruits signing up at a table manned by three Russian soldiers?

I like your Hidden Unit Marker. Remember, though, the hidden unit marker is one of the ones that needs to be reversed to keep it from showing up backwards when it appears in-game.

Sturmowik,

That map is almost perfect. Is the scale true?

1mm = 10meters? If I can figure out how to print it will I be able to scale it off. All the other attempts at making Warsaw maps seemed to me to be wild guesses (see scenarios at Scenario Depot for CMBB and CMBO). What I had invisioned was a series of fairly small scenarios showing initially the Polish attempts to assault and grab the Post Office, Telephone exchange, Power Plant, etc. Then scenarios depicting the initial German Reaction. Then scenarios depicting the End Game.

DavidI

It always gives me pleasure to see someone acquire a new skill. (It also gives me hope that there's a chance I may learn a few new ones as well).

I like the way the uniforms are shaping up for the uprising mod. I remember when I was looking for faces for the Ghetto uprising I went through a lot of photographs of German soldiers, and happened to notice that most of the photographs were of SS in their pearl grey uniforms. My uninformed conclusion was that the SS probably didn't wear camo smocks for city fighting.

Now I realize that the rebels would have gotten their pilfered uniforms from a variety of sources, and much of it from the surrounding countryside. But perhaps it would be nice to make an alternate set of grey German uniforms with armbands.

I really like the eagle on the hat -- so much that I almost see the visor. It's a pity we don't have more control over the shape of the headgear.

Phillippe,

Take a look at that Warsaw Uprising Website, Waffen SS smocks were the Uniform d'juer of the Polish Home Army. They captured a wharehouse full of them on day one. They wore them to the point that the Waffen SS stopped wearing theirs to avoid friendly fire. Unit recognition in close fighting is very important. Same reason the Germans went from drum magazines on their captured PPSH's to stick magazines (to the point of making their own sticks for captured weapons).

I made the officers in non-smocks and very different uniforms from each other. As to the hats - German helmets with red/white bands would have been better but I think the German side caps are OK. On the Warsaw website German Helmets and MP-43 were standard in the PHA.

BTW thank you ever so much for teaching me how to post pictures.

DavidI

-> David

I thing your mod is excellent as as the idea to modify partizans , because in this way its possible to keep polish army and ruskies uniforms. In may scenario, which describe last day of Cherniakow were HA defending Vistula river bank to allow polish army from left bank to render them assistance when germans using all heavy stuff tring to pull them away from banks. (using also sturm tigers and 88mm canons)

The only wrong what I can see is that the white red bandages are on the both sleeves. That is unusual. Better put some white red pin or stripes on field cap they wear (what was also practiced).

Smokes uniforms were captured In Wola city district by elite polish troops from special assault units of HA headquarter. Units were made of ex-scout boys, very good trained and with highest morale, fanatically devoted for polish capital. Most of them were students and collage pupils, academic teacher and so on. And this troops mostly wore German's smoke uniforms. Because they were famous, often photographed their uniforms become an icon of Warsaw Uprising.

Sturmowik,

The armbands showing up on both arms is a function of shared BMP's. The left and right arms of Partisans have the same BMP. Alas. Every chance I get I bug BFC about not having shared BMPs in CMX2 (can you hear me Moon?).

I also toyed around with putting captured German tanks back into German cammo, strip off the German Markings and hanging Red and White Polish banners on them.

DavidI