Fire in the East/Scorched Earth games

Don't mean to turn this into an auction, but I thought I'd give my fellow CMBB gamers the first opportunity for these:

I have an unpunched copy of GDW's Fire in the East and Scorched Earth games - all mint - that I plan to put on E-Bay for sale next week. I'll never play them and I don't want to see them gather any more dust. Includes a wargame mag from GDW all about the set. Both are absolutley intact.

Not sure if anyone here is a board game collector, but if you are, then please contact me directly - ichadwick@sympatico.ca - and make me an offer or to ask questions. I can arrange shipping by UPS or Fedex (or Canpar within Canada).

This was the ultimate Ostfront boardgame. Divisional level I believe but maybe smaller unit size (regiment?). I have a few more wargames in the basement if you're looking for any particular title.

Ian

Originally posted by ichadwick:

Divisional level I believe but maybe smaller unit size (regiment?).

They also include independent battalions, e.g. Flak.

The entire Europa series was wonderful and got only better when GR/D took it over in the mid-'80s.

I have a few more wargames in the basement if you're looking for any particular title.
Do tell? I would be interested in looking over a list of what you have. Use my e-mail if you prefer (in my profile).

Michael

I have managed to complete one game of FITE+SE. It took about one year (played against my brother) and ended with me as the axis winning! smile.gif

I still love those games, but nowadays I neither have the time nor space to play them. The map is HUGE and fills an entire room.

Does anybody know what GR/D is up to now? Do they even exist anymore?

Winston Hamilton died and GR/D languished until somebody bought the rights to the Europa series. This gentleman has announced that updated games will be released, sooner or later. There is another guy who made all the Europa games into one giant ADC2 module, w/ maps, counters, rules, charts, etc, and is offering it as a free download.