CM File check

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help. I've had to reinstall windows and it looks like my CMBB disk has become slightly corrupt since it comes to a grinding halt near the end of the install. The game still works, but I'd like to check what files, if any, are missing.

Is there a list of files that belong to a clean install of CMBB anywhere?

Is there any other way of checking?

Thanks for your help.

(This was also posted in the tech help forum, but its pretty dead in there)

Which version have you got?

The CDV was a pile of **** and always loaded badly - thats why so many people use the cracks. I believe I have two copies and would send you one but it is no gtee to load.

Reaching into memory I vaguely think I copied the disk to HD to get around the clunky install. Perhaps worth looking back to when your version of CMBB came out because it was a hot topic on crappy installs

Well you could always right-click on the CM folder and compare the # of folders and files to those of other players here?

My CMBB folder has 15,695 files in 40 folders but.....thats including custom folders and other stuff sooooo, I guess it would be best to compare the number of files in the BMP folder?

My BMP folder has 6421 files in it, but I suppose there could be duplicate files in there as a result of sloppy modding....

ok sorry this solution is going NOWHERE!

Gdog - well, nice idea for someone who has no mods. I'll check with a friend of mine.

Diesel - thanks for the message, as it happens I've found another possible way out. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Oh and wow, just realised we have like a family relationship in this thread through BoB. Diesel was my sponsor, and I sponsored GDog.

How about that?