Are 50 turns in an infantry QB gamey?

I am currently defending against Jim Boggs in the infamous 50 turn PBEM. I agree with Jim that 50 turns is not gamey. I also agree with Axe that Jim Boggs himself is completely gamey, plus he lives in Florida. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D:D

When I finally noticed or remembered this was a 50 turn battle, I pulled some squads out of the line and formed a reserve. Ammunition problem solved.

Jim, I didn't appreciate your gamey StuG destroying my completely ungamey and useless T-34. See my sig line. :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dave H:

When I finally noticed or remembered this was a 50 turn battle, I pulled some squads out of the line and formed a reserve. Ammunition problem solved.

I may have neglected to inform you of the extension to 50 turns. tongue.gif It was certainly my hope that you would run out of ammo before you noticed.

Not that this would be considered gamey or anything. :D

Radical idea - an option in the next engine to tick a box for something called 'limited recon' in assaults or probes. That would give 'sound contact' for points along defenders line, giving a rough idea of where most enemy troops were, but not all, or what they were. This might represent limited recon intel....

G