AndrewTF - Another Request

Andrew,

I know I've asked this before, but.... How about a Waffen SS M-43 Cap? My SS Mountain troops look lame with that Wehrmatch cap. The last time I asked you said that you didn't like the way your first effort turned out, however now with your ever increasing skills in modding I'm sure you could come out with a good one. I would suggest the version with the Skull on the front peak and the small eagle on the left side of the cap. I know you can do it and the Army cap on SS troops looks like Marine Corps camo on US Infantry at Normandy - Just not right! :mad:

Please.... :rolleyes:

DavidI

Junk2drive,

Andrew made a black Luftwaffe panzer wrap for

for CMAK with white piped collar patches for the HG Division (nice touch Andrew). It has a Khaki shirt. Maybe you can convence him to make one for CMBB with a grey shirt and optional cuff title? Other wise there's just the one that came with the CMBB.

David

Junk: the black Luftwaffe uniform is included in the general CMAK Italian-theater Panzer set. Actually, I made two--pick up the later version which is more historically accurate and which includes a reed-green denim Panzer wrapper. smile.gif

I'll see if I can hash something together with the M-43 cap. No promises, though ;) IIRC the Heer and W-SS mountain troops use the same cap BMP in the game.

Andrew,

Thanks. I change panzer caps on a scenario by scenario bases for the same reason. Call me anal but it's true. They truely need to fix that in CMX2, ditto with left & right arms with the same BMPs, ditto with shared BMPs between periods, ditto with Luftwaffe Infantry and Mechanized troops sharing BMPs, etc. I wonder if there will be a way to change heads, if you will, so that you can change headgear styles on units (why not M-43 Caps on WSS late war panzer crews or Late War Company commanders, or Platoon commanders, etc.).

David

Heer Panzer Uniforms v.1.0

A MOD for Battlefront.com's Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin

by Andrew Fox

andrew@foxarts.com

This mod set replaces all uniform textures for Heer panzer units in CM:BB.

This mod features two variations on the German panzer uniforms: a field gray assault gun uniform and a black panzer wrapper. Also included are improved textures for both black and field grey M43 caps, as well as the early-war Heer side caps.

Important: BMP 9020, the early panzer cap, is shared by the Waffen-SS panzer crew units throughout the game. If using my Waffen-SS-specific cap BMP make sure you back it up first.

©2002 Andrew Fox. All textures based on my research using the BFC originals as a template. Proudly made "from scratch" on a Mac with Photoshop 7.0. These textures were made for free distribution among the Combat Mission community. Feel free to alter any of the textures for your own use, but any altered textures may not be publicly distributed without my explicit permission.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

Heer Panzer Uniforms v.1.0

A MOD for Battlefront.com's Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin

by Andrew Fox

andrew@foxarts.com

This mod set replaces all uniform textures for Heer panzer units in CM:BB.

This mod features two variations on the German panzer uniforms: a field gray assault gun uniform and a black panzer wrapper. Also included are improved textures for both black and field grey M43 caps, as well as the early-war Heer side caps.

Important: BMP 9020, the early panzer cap, is shared by the Waffen-SS panzer crew units throughout the game. If using my Waffen-SS-specific cap BMP make sure you back it up first.

©2002 Andrew Fox. All textures based on my research using the BFC originals as a template. Proudly made "from scratch" on a Mac with Photoshop 7.0. These textures were made for free distribution among the Combat Mission community. Feel free to alter any of the textures for your own use, but any altered textures may not be publicly distributed without my explicit permission.

Right. I knew that. smile.gif