Spanish Civil War Modification

Originally posted by Patxi:

I've noticed that in the information page about the Panzer I it is written:

"Mod information & download

This mod replaces the textures for the German Panzer IB. These textures are based on the original German Panzer IB with additional features and small modifications of the original textures"

Just wanted to point out that the textures used for the Panzer I by Battlefront aren't those of such aforementioned tank, but those are taken from the Panzer II. Features like armor and armament fit, but the image doesn't

I was not sure cause my knowledge on the subject is very limited, but I have figured out that the CMBB images for the PzI could be wrong because they do not fit to the images and photos that I have of Spanish Pz I, as can be clearly appreciated in the Web page for that vehicle.

Actually, I have changed some of Battlefront textures to try to give a more appropriate aspect, and I have modified the position of Spanish flags and tactical symbols to fit better into Battlefront model (there are some notes in the information page about that)

Thank for your comments, they are quite valuable. Now I clearly understand why Battlefront's model and SCW stuff does not match.

[ December 10, 2006, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: magomar ]

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by magomar:

thank you very much ! I was planning to ask you about that. By the way, are those scenarios on-line again? I got them time ago, but I think they were offline when our loved scenario depot dissapeared ! Anyway, I think some of those scenarios would require minor changes in the OOBs to fit into my modification. Let's see when can I put my hands on it again, I have no PC at home yet...

Originally posted by magomar:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by patboy:

I just reinstalled CMAK terrain & building mods over CMBB mods and SCW looks like this

Hmmm, it seems pretty more appropriate that CMBB for simulating Spanish terrain, could you please give some detail on how to do that? </font>

• 2 months later...

magomar,

Here's a treasure I "unearthed" while helping jwatts find some sources for an SCW paper. Would you believe Zaloga on Russian tanks ops during the SCW?

http://www.libraryautomation.com/nymas/soviet_tank_operations_in_the_sp.htm

On a far less cheery note, suggest you read the

section on the SCW and the lessons of population growth control et seq. here. Full cites are provided for info on the real nature of the SCW and the forces behind it which shatters what I was taught in school.

http://www.population-security.org/22-CH14.html

Regards,

John Kettler