Campaigns and Tournaments

Hi

On some forums I have read about various tournaments and campaigns (i.e. the Kursk campaign) that CM fanatics have played in. Though I am not sure I would play in any of these yet, I was wondering where one would look to find such games. Also, are the campaigns more fun than vanilla pbem games? More challenging?

Any info on these topics would be greatly appreciated.

I'll have to put in some promo for CMMC2: Combat Mission Meta Campaign 2. Set on the eastern front in september 42; we are portraying a meeting engagement after a Soviet breakthrough featuring ~3 division per side. The operation is focused around rivercrossings/bridgehead ops.

The game started out at 0600 in the morning with the sides separated by ~10 km and we have now reached 0900 and operations are in full swing. It's by no means too late to join though. This is a long running campaign and you will have game for months/years to come.

Pop in at http://www.cmmc2.org/ to see for your self.