Automatic cease-fire

Now it has happened two times in a row.

In two QBs against AI, i've got a "minor defeat, because both sides have agreed to cease fire".

It was around turn 30 out of 40. I was attacking in an all infantry battle, and flags were still under enemy's control (pinned, panicked and broken squads). My morale in one case was up at 88%.

I'm 100% percent sure that i didn't press cease-fire button, and more over, didn't press "YES" in the following dialogue box.

Very annoying.

One side runing out of ammo is quite enough.

Had one game end at turn 10 or so after I sent my two SMG platoons in after a massive preperatory barrage. They engage and burn through about half their ammo, as SMGs are prone to do. Then the game hands my a minor victory.

One of the most unsatisfactory wins I ever had, turns out my opponent was sitting in front of the flags and didn't have ownership, so the arty losses swung the game my way.

{edited because I felt the need to}

[ August 21, 2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Tweety ]