Father of none sound mod...

Well i just checked on CMMODS and i have made the top 100 list! wooow... i thought my mod wasnt very popular... mainly because of all the trouble people seem to have with converting the sounds and that some of the sounds are "wimpy" according to some people (pooor poor hollywood dupes... tongue.gif )

but one thing interests me... the father of none part 10 had a higher d/l number than part 4??? why??? does people not understand that it is a 10 part mod... its not like part 10 is the newest version... its just the tenth part of a very large mod... :confused:

oh well... just wanted to rant a bit... :rolleyes:

Downloading and installing just part 10 doesn't give you all 10 parts? Sheesh, no wonder MG's sound like burp guns (literally) and tanks have silencers and aircraft are gliders.

At least I think the voices are ok. I love it when the Germans yell "meine Mutter hat lange Beine!"

whatever that means, if anything....

smile.gif

well that would mean "my mother have long legs" if i am not mistaken... my germans a bit rusty...

about the wimpyness i think that people complained about the lower caliber guns not being beefy enough... but i think that if you beef everything up you might as well have only one sound for everything since things will start to sound the same... i know that a 20mm would make a bigger boom than what my soundmod does but thats just because the real world is just so much louder... and youre not floating around about 50- 150 meters in the air above the battle... i have done some shooting in my days and even a .22 packs a respecful noice... but you have to set the standard somewhere... and if i made the 88s sound like they would have in real life i guess they would blow your speakers every time :D

that would be an expensive mod...

i actually left out some pretty massive sounds from the mod because i didnt think they fitted into the "scale" of the mod... i had some sounds that i really wanted to use on some of the submachineguns in the game, but then they would have made more noise than the cannons! and that simply didnt work in my mind...

oh well... what i wanted to say really was that i will be posting some of the addons to the mod that have been lying on my HD for some time now... i did promise Mr.Noobie once and i do try to keep my promises... but the Ambiance mod will have to wait... im not uploading that mammuth mod with my puny little 56k modem (wich by the way isnt working right and i have ½ the speed i used too...)