CMMOS Question for CMBB

Alright, im sure the Answers are on the boards, I just would rather not spend all my time looking for them. So I hope someone can answer them for me here.

I know MikeT took over CMMOS and im glad for that. Im just confused on how things are going to be done from now on. Are we all just using that CMmods Web site from now on to post Mods? Cause I have to admit im a little worried about it, the site tho good, does not screen the mods added, so it would not be hard for someone to slip a virus in their a ruin a few computers. Another reason is, their are so meny now im confused as to where im supposed to get all my CMMOS related things. I dont know where the Rule Sets are, or what I have to do to install them using the "Configure" tab.

I liked it when it was simple, I went to CMHQ (www.combatmission.com) Downloaded the new CMMOS when it came out and all its Rulesets, downloaded all the Mods that work with it, and im done. Will it be this easy ever again? Does MikeT plan to put everything still on CMHQ? Im not knocking anything about CMmods, its just that for me, I would rather it be more simple. But im just asking about it, not demanding. All this is just Questions.

Thank you

You don't want to spend the time looking, so I don't really want to spend the time answering.

However, other people may be reading and wish to know the answer.

MikeT recently updated that he had submitted an enormous amount of mods to CMHQ. They will process them through as time allows.

I don't understand the "too many rulesets" question, but in any event, I assume CMHQ will continue to post the mods under the links for their relevant ruleset.

[ February 24, 2003, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

Originally posted by Becket:

You don't want to spend the time looking, so I don't really want to spend the time answering.

You know Becket, if you took offence to that, to bad, you did not have to come into my topic and make a comment like that. I was trying to be polite and ask a simple question, and you took that opportunity to take a shot at me.

Thank you JW for your helpful Information

I believe that Becket is part of the new CMMOS team with MikeT. Please don't bite the hand that feeds. I couldn't care less if you p*** anyone else off with your "can't be bothered" attitide, but do yourself a favour leave the CMMOS guys alone! I'd be happy if you were forever sentenced to looking for mods from the first site you mentioned. Your thread indeed!

Volker, sorry it took so long to respond. I have been very busy with real world problems plus trying to make some mods work.

Ok, you concerns. I am going to use CMHQ for ALL CMMOS mods. They have a fast server and some mods do get rather large, especially the uniform ones. Nothing against CM Mod Database, it is the site I visit several times a day look for new mods to work on.

On the rule-sets. Gordon set the system up some time ago. I cannot uninvent the wheel. One problem is due to the huge number of vehicles in CMBB. In some rule-sets there are only 5 spots available for mod!? For some vehicles such as Panthers this doesn't really work.

You asked about installing new rules and mods. To install a rule-set use the configure button and then select the rule-set tab. Search and find the new ruleset and install it. CMMOS does the rest. I suggest closing and restarting CMMOS then and you should find the new rule-set installed and running waiting for mods.

Then do the same basic idea for new mods. Again I suggest, from my own personal experience, dropping out of CMMOS every few mods and restarting it.

MikeT

Thanks, im sure i'll learn it once I start working on it. As it stands I have all (or at least most) of the Mods for CMBO, CMBB is the only one left. Im glad things are staying on CMHQ. But yeah, im glad for CMmods too. Thanks again. And great work with it to you and your staff.

Originally posted by Volker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

You know Becket, if you took offence to that, to bad, you did not have to come into my topic and make a comment like that. I was trying to be polite and ask a simple question, and you took that opportunity to take a shot at me.

</font>

Originally posted by Becket:

Hmm. I think the tone of my reply is in line with your remark. Don't you agree that stating you don't want to put any effort to look for answers is rather off-putting?

It was not my intent to sound like that Becket, I was just giving a reason as to why I was asking. If I had not added the comment im betting you would not have responded that way. The only reason I did add that, was to avoid someone from responding "Why dont you just do a search"

First I had no idea how I would even find the answers to my questions, and with the hords of Topics it could have took hours just to find an answer to a question, that someone (Who likes answering questions) could have told me. And besides my Question was not only about Basic CMMOS info, but some things that only MikeT could have answered.

If my remark offended you, im sorry, it was not my intent to offend, but rather explain my reason for the questions.

[ February 25, 2003, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Volker ]