Well, im playing a map, (Forgot the name) with my dad as Germans, its on the Demo. Where the Russian 45mm AT guns are trying to stop his German Panzer 4's from reaching Kursk. Anyway, Im getting my butt handed to me. My AT Guns for 1,need to wait till his tanks are real close and open up on him, and then they only knock out 1 tanks tracks, then my AT guns get leveled. I have alot of these Anti-Tank Rifle things, 14mm's I think. How in the world do I use these things? I fire and either they bounce off the tanks, or hit the track for no damage.

Ooooh, I'm all notsalgic for the demo now.

My advice:

Use the AT rifles to keep the tank commanders buttoned up so they're less likely to spot the real artillery. The only hope for damage is VERY close 90 degree side and rear shots to the PzIIIs. In the game the AT rifles will target soft targets too, not sure about the demo though.

I made a point to focus my attention on the PzIVs with my 45mm guns, as these are the most dangerous tanks. Again hide-hide-hide until they are VERY close and offering a side/rear shot.

That scenario's a classic attrittion game. The best I ever got was the Germans eventually running out of armor before they reach the flags.

[ March 18, 2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

The demo scenarios weren't intended to be balanced AFAIK (good luck for your father smile.gif ), but to show the new features of CMBB.

If I remember the map correctly, there are to little woods quite close to the german lines. You could hide the ATrifles at the opposite side of the wood (facing away from the Germans). When the Germans have passed by you will have excellent rear shot opportunities. This only works, because the Germans have no infantry for reccon in this scenario (I hope I remember this right it's such a long time since I played the demo). You could try to hide a ATG there too.

Well there isn't much more that you can do, except follow MikeyD's advices.