Fortifications control VLs?

Ok, not at home, so I cannot test. And even if I was at home, I don't have time to test this. So maybe someone already knows and can save me some time.

Situation: I'm playing a scenario against a friend. He HAD control of a flag. I have since killed off all units that I know near the flag. When my T34 was on the flag, I controlled it. He has 2 or 3 strings of barbed wire in the roads surrounding the flags (say about 25m away). His wire is now closer to the flag except one tank is actually on one of the strings. The flag is now GREY.

Questions:

1. If I have no knowledge of any enemy units nearby and my unit is close enough to control the flag, then I should control the flag right?

2. If he does have units nearby, but I don't know about them, the game should still tell me I control the flag right? If not, then CMBB is giving me intel I would not otherwise have.

3. If the flag is grey and I am close enough to control it, then that leads to the question is his barbed wire attempting to control the flag? An easy way to test this is to setup a flag with nothing but wire around it. Play hot seat to see who controls it. But as I said, I'm not in a position to do that. So....does anyone know?

This is with 1.01 by the way.