How do you keep a RHINO from charging? MOD preview!

AF, you was just looking over some of my books and noticed a few details you might consider.

1) The rear access doors seemed to have been left open even during combat.

2) Several pics of vehicles with wire crisscrossing the sides. Thse were used to secure brances and brush that camoed the unit.

3) One vehicle had the word "Puma" in small letters on the sides between the national cross and the cooling vents and just above.

4) One shot with the vehicle number (red with white outlines) centered across the rear access doors on the rear. There was even a bucket between the left track and the left spare boogie wheel.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks, you da man! (as if there was ever any doubt :cool: )

I'm planning on adding the number to the rear doors, and maybe an option to leave one or both of them open, but I'm not sure how it will look. Any chance of getting the pic of that wire arrangement?

With these "legacy models" I try to omit stuff that would look strange when compared to the CMBB vehicles with 3D toolboxes, jacks, spare wheels, etc., so I will most likely leave off things like the spare roadwheels.

I thnkg 4000 and 4008 and the ends of the main gun. The end caps for the cradle and breech. If the gun has a major color change they might look strange.

Then again it might be assumed that the endcaps are covered with grease or something.

Your call, you are the mod god.

mikeT

Originally posted by MikeT:

I thnkg 4000 and 4008 and the ends of the main gun. The end caps for the cradle and breech. If the gun has a major color change they might look strange.

I'm a little hesitant to do anything with them as they probably control similar textures for other vehicles in the game. As you can see at this point it's a plain tan Nashorn, so it's not *that* much different in coloring to the original.

Originally posted by apex:

Very nice indeed. But check your source, I cannot believe you have to keep 50 meters clear behind it (Abstand 50 m), could it be it says "5,0m" there?

Oooh, and I only just now noted the gray artillery uniform smile.gif

apex

Uh, yeah, that makes a little more sense. I saw it on the back of the Nashorn at the Kubinka armor museum (on Jagdtiger.de) where it read "Ab?tahd 50m" which is clever, but even more wrong than my version smile.gif

I'll change it. Glad you like the gray panzer outfit. It's available at CMMODS.com.