Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Pile on the rabbit (set up strangeness)

Had this occur a while back when setting up someone's pre-made factory map (sorry, it's been quite some time so I don't remember who's it is....it's taken me this long to figure out how to use the free picture host site).

What you're looking at is pretty much an entire or company...or more, set up right on top of the infantry gun. I have no idea what would've happened if I'd just hit go... Side view

Top view

From what I can tell, this happened because the German set up zone is a one tile strip around the outside, and it's not an overly large map.

[ November 03, 2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Brent Pollock ]

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

Had this occur a while back when setting up someone's pre-made factory map (sorry, it's been quite some time so I don't remember who's it is....it's taken me this long to figure out how to use the free picture host site).

What you're looking at is pretty much an entire or company...or more, set up right on top of the infantry gun. I have no idea what would've happened if I'd just hit go... Side view

Top view

From what I can tell, this happened because the German set up zone is a one tile strip around the outside, and it's not an overly large map.

That's correct. Not enough setup space for the force size. You can enlarge the setup area in the editor.

Why would I have wanted to enlarge the set up area in the editor? That would've ruined the FOW for me because I would've seen the Russian set up zones, yes? As I stated, someone else had generated the map.

All of the units did eventually fit into the designated set up zone, but it took me some time to "select-and-move" them out of the jumble.

[Does some digging in the QB Maps folder...]

Here it is, "SP-QB Rubble-Axis Atk.cme". It's one of the QB maps from the Stalingrad pack.

Looks like the Germans are trying out the classic Spartan Phalanx formation! ;)

About risk of seeing the Russian setup zone, I'm not sure what you mean unless you're afraid opening the map in the editor will give you more of a 'sneak peek' of how the scenario's going to be set up than you'd like. Me, I rely on my incredibly bad memory to get around that. I open a map I had designed a month ago and am unvariably surprised by how I set it up!