air support - does it sometimes not show up?

I purchased fighter-bomber air support as the Italians against the British in the desert in early war in CMAK. I'm on turn 6 in a 30-turn scenario and the air support hasn't shown up yet. Am I simply being impatient, or is there a chance it simply won't arrive.

I'm almost positive the enemy does not have an AA gun, but he does have a strafing fighter. Is that a factor?

Any help is appreciated. I'm completely addicted to this game!

Don't know if they changed air support in CMAK, but in CMBB it is random when it shows up, and yes, there is a chance it won't show up at all.

Interesting point about an opponent having air support, too. Does the engine model aircraft vs. aircraft, or do they leave each other alone?

OK, so I'll sit tight and keep my fingers crossed that it will arrive.

Plane vs. plane is an interesting question. One thought I had was that the Hurricane fighter chased off my fighter-bomber.

Whatever happens, I've learned a valuable lesson -don't make air support the cornerstone of your plan.

Good idea. Air support is unpredictable due to the lack of liason between the flyboys and the grunts on the ground.

Air Support may well not turn up, turn up and shred your own troops and tanks, turn up and do very little or turn up and win the battle for you.

You pays your money, you takes your chance.

Dunno if it cancels out other air support tho...run a few scenarios with a fighter on each side and see what happens?

If you're playing CMAK then the air support definitely will turn up but it's simply a question of when. This was changed from CMBO where air cover sometimes wouldn't rock up at all. It's entirely random when your fighter bomber will arrive and any opponents air support has absolutely no affect on your own arriving. What can affect it though are your opponents AA weapons which can either shoot it down or chase it away due to the level of Flak cover (if applicable).

Regards

Jim R.