Finnish PzIV-H WIP Mod

I was playing around this afternoon, trying to convert mikeyD's PzIV model H over to the Finnish PzIV-H.

I would say it's actually more or less done, from what I've read the Finn's dropped that 3-tone paint scheme in 44 and went back to a overall green base colour.

deymdfinpz4h6wp.th.jpg

Guest ExplodingMonkey

DEY,

It may just be the pics, but the details seem to blend on those panzers (asside from the road wheels which are still very distinct). The result gives the upper hull and the turret a very blah look.

I'm not sure how you would correct this problem. Maybe MickeyD could help you out with it, or perhaps another modder? Just an observation.

Do you ever sleep? Or do anything else for that matter? You punch out tons of great winter mods and never seem to take a break from it! :D

I've done all I feel up to doing with it for now. This was a lot of work for a AFV thats only available for one month out of the 4 years that cmbb covers, and even worse historically didn't fire a shot in angry for the time frame that the Finns are available in the game.

But that doesn't mean we still can't have some great fictional scraps with it. As I stated before you need to go to August 1944 in order to get this puppy.

deymdfinpz41ja.th.jpg

Maybe have a try at a weathered and dirty look, later on.

Also maybe I'll do a winterized version for some fictional late 43 or early 44 battles.