Mac MODDING ???s

I was checking out MikeyD's scratch-built Valentine (very good job) & juju's new Factory (also first-rate+) & it got me thinking about Modding again.

What's the Deal w/ downsampleing & such on the Mac, & how do people handle &/or rationalize it? I was well into scratch-building the T-26 line, in double-hi-res as per many suggestions, & all was looking good. I had hit on the 'speckling' idea MikeyD mentioned (this is a Very Good technique, & worthy of it's own discussion) & downsampled to 'Standard' BB res to work on it. The results were so disheartening it knocked me right out of the box (along w/ other RL demands on my time & attention). This was just when the Mac Graphics, er, eccentricities were being recognized. I'm no great loss to Modding (too slow & finicky), but it might be helpful to the Mod Community as a whole to gather this info into one 'as everyone knows' kind of pile. A very high % of our Mod Talent Pool is on that platform.

strt