Losing aim after a hit.

Ok, it has happend quite a few times, my AFV hits the enemy AFV, none of them move, and then my AFV managed to hit both the next shot, and the one after that again. My question is, wouldnt a gunner contiue to hit after they first scored a hit?

Yes, maybe they were stressed, maybe they were afraid, etc, but when you, as a gunner, managed to lose your aim after scoring a hit.. u must be concripts or something, or?

For the record, my AFV are almost always reguler.

Originally posted by Panzer76:

Ok, it has happend quite a few times, my AFV hits the enemy AFV, none of them move, and then my AFV managed to hit both the next shot, and the one after that again. My question is, wouldnt a gunner contiue to hit after they first scored a hit?

Depending on the dispersion of the gun, the shape of the trajectory and the subtense of the target, it may well be that at many ranges a miss is still possible even when the MPI is adjusted exactly onto the target. In fact, the long "tails" of the normal probability distribution (which gun dispersion is normally assumed to follow) means that there will practically always be some chance of a miss.

Exactly how CM:BB handles all this I don't know, but I doubt that their modelling of this is anything short of top-quality.

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by Panzer76:

My question is, wouldnt a gunner contiue to hit after they first scored a hit?

Not necessarily.....

Having qualified on the Sherman (M4A2E8), I can tell you from experience that each subsequent round after the first primary hit is an entirely new re-sight and re-lay sequence. The only information that is useful is the fact that you now know the range to the target, in order to set the reticule pattern at as your look through the sighting telescope and re-lay your master weapon. Of course, that assumes your target is not moving and therefore the range may have changed on you.

The sign of a great Sherman gunner was one that had the ability to re-lay his gun quickly after the first hit round and obtain a high percentage of subsequent hits.

Regards,

Badger

Originally posted by BadgerDog:

Having qualified on the Sherman (M4A2E8), I can tell you from experience that each subsequent round after the first primary hit is an entirely new re-sight and re-lay sequence. The only information that is useful is the fact that you now know the range to the target

Thanks for the info!