newbie questions about LOS and Hull down.

Hi guys, i have two simply questions about LOS tool and Hull down. If I select an armor and I use LOS tool around it sometimes appears a text on the armor that indicate Hull Down(MG blocked) or only Hull down,so this means that it is the ideally place to seek hull down way points? And if is right what wants to say exactly MG(maingun?) blocked?

And on other info, why sometimes it turns on the wrong direction respect of enemy or cover arc tools. Right there:

Before

<mytankfront> <frontenemytank>

After Hulldown

<frontmytank> <frontenemytank>

I hope that I explain well with my poor english....

Regards

KotH

Hull down tells you that your AFV, where it is currently located, is hull down to a spot at the end of your LOS line. If you move the line around, you will find spots to which you are not hull down.

A hull down position esentially means that only your turret is visable to units in the spot or spots to which you are hull down. If one or more of your machine guns is in the hull (this varies with each AFV), then that gun cannot fire to any point to which the AFV is hull down. Of course machine guns located above the hull can still fire, although some will require your vehicle to be unbuttoned in order to fire (e.g. bow guns on the top of the turret).