Problem, with fonts

Hi, im playing cmbb right now, and while im in game, i cant read the font, its pure white, with a block of white around it, making it imposible to read it. I have tried to make the background of the fonts disapear, but every time i reload the game, it makes the font have white boxes around it still. i changed the background of the font , and made it pink, just so i can read font, but i get a big pink box around the font, dose anyone know how to fix this?? its realy making me mad now, cause it is still hard to read font.

Did you post this in Tech support? Suggest you do if you haven't.

Are you on a Mac? A friend had a problem like this a long time ago. The problem was ID in the FAQ tech thread.

Something like this sounds like a graphics driver issue. Have you changed drivers recently? Has it been a long time since you played CMBB and done upgrades to your computer since?

• 3 weeks later...

I also had that problem for months, until I got tired of the game. I found a solution, not complete or ideal, but better than having white blocks in the game instead of text.

You will have to follow the next steps.

FIRST: Disable Anti-Aliasing in your drivers control panel. To do that, set the AA level to x0 or select Application Preference which does the same thing.

SECOND thing to do is to delete the preferece file. You'll find it in the game directory.

THIRD Download this file < http://www.battlefront.com/misc/Radeon_text_fix.zip> and follow the directions in the readme.txt to replace 3 small files in your CMBB\BMP folder which may resolve this problem.

Next open the game as usual. You probably will find, as I did, that the first screen is partially blank and that the mouse doesn't respond. Type Alt-Tab two times and your in.

Inside a game you will probably find that some panels vibrate, but you can see text.

PLEASE NOTICE: DO NOT press Alt-Tab once you are inside the game or YOU WILL LOOSE SIGHT OF ALL UNITS

I know it's not perfect, but now I can play the game. I hope this works for you

[ November 21, 2006, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: JuanLleras ]

• 2 months later...