Random questions about CMMOS.

I've got the CM-BB special edition with the CMMOS and the version of it is v4.3 and I've read the instructions included to load rule sets for CMBB but I'm a little confused at an error I keep getting.

To load a rule set you load the desired ZIP file and extract it to wherever of your choosing(WITHOUT UNZIPPING) right?

Once that's done I open CMMOS go to configuration, go to rule sets, click "add" find the desired zip file and click "open"...I get a error message stating "Error installing, check 'CMMOSlog.txt' for more information"

I've tried this with many different sets and I always get this message. :(

If any advice on this would be appreciated!

That doesn't look like a log file.

To find the log file, go into Program Files.

Then scroll down to GEM Software Productions.

Then click on CM Mod Option Selector.

While you're there, take a long look at the file called User_Readme.

When you're in CM Mod Option Selector you'll be staring at about a dozen files and folders.

One of the files is a text file called CMMOSlog.

You probably should have a beer before you read it.

If, by the way, you can't find any of the files and folders I've been talking about because you didn't install cmmos to the default directory, that might be your problem.

I used to know CMBO Cmmos backwards and forwards because I was one of the editors. CMBB Cmmos is different, I didn't work on it, and I don't know it as well. As it happens I need to re-install it myself because my hard drive was recently replaced, so at some point this week I'll have to remember how to use it. The way I'll go about that is to re-read MikeT's notes, which are somewhere in the SE disk. My best advice to you is that you do the same.

By the way, it's a little tricky at first to get used to it, but it has a lot in common with riding a bicycle.

Just a quick review of some issues:

a) If you own the CMBB SE you have a ton of mods already converted to cmmos format. That's a significant saving of download time. While it's true that cmmos only covers about a quarter (?) of cmbb, and even some of what it covers has been updated in non-cmmos form (e.g. the Andrew Fox uniforms and most of Mikey D's tanks), it is still worth installing the set properly even if you realize that you're going to have to operate in cmmos and manually, or in cmmos and with mcmmm. Cmmos mods don't work outside of cmmos without significant alteration (you have to manually remove the cmmos extensions from each bmp file number).

B) cmak does technically have cmak capability, but it is irrelevant because the conversions haven't been done (trivial) and the files haven't been written (not trivial at all).

c) The thing you have to remember about cmmos is that it was designed for switching options on mods, not just the whole mod. I beleive you can get this effect with a bit of work on McMMM, but by the time you've set up all the specialized folders, you're probably in about the same place as you would be doing things manually. For the record, I now work my mods manually on cmak, semi-manually on cmbb, and 99% cmmos in cmbo.