High Velocity gun sound mod?

I am after some 'high velocity' main gun sounds. After watching a load of actual combat footage of WW2 tanks in action, most of the guns had a kind of 'pis-ch-uuw' sound which really sounded, well ,'high velocity' ! ;) rather than the 'krump' sound of CMBO & CMBB. I think there used to be a gun sound like that in East Front2.

Any ideas if someone has produced a soundmod like that yet? I presume the sound would only apply to guns of 75mm (long barrel) upwards. The footage on various programmes showed the tanks of various nations having this sound when firing.

I have a strong hunch that the sounds accompanying any combat footage you see were not necessarily recorded on the scene, but edited in later. Therefore, it may or may not be the sound that the weapon on the screen actually makes. That said, yes, high-velocity guns do sound a bit different. I've always been fond of the tank gun sound effect in TacOps, though I believe Major once confided that it was synthesized.

;)

Michael

Yea, the krump sound is more appropriate to arty, but I don't have any problem with the present sound effects. From experience in a tank unit in Korea, a mech unit in Germany & Desert Storm, and an inf unit in Ft Lewis, I'd say that even from a measely 100yds distance, you'll see the flash/puff from a gun before you hear it. But that wouldn't sit well in this game IMHO. As a side note, it was neat once seeing a line of tanks fire with a yellow flame, and one tank had a blue flame out the barrel -- the crew had smuggled a bottle of booze in the chamber, forgot about it, rammed a shell in to fire. I guess the booze caused the blue flame! smile.gif (Korea with M48A5's)

Originally posted by Baron von Beergut:

As a side note, it was neat once seeing a line of tanks fire with a yellow flame, and one tank had a blue flame out the barrel -- the crew had smuggled a bottle of booze in the chamber, forgot about it, rammed a shell in to fire. I guess the booze caused the blue flame! smile.gif (Korea with M48A5's)

Should this be modelled in CM3? The "bottle of alcohol forgotten in the breech affecting the color of the flame" variable.