An apology for the cmmods.com recent downtime/errors

I want to apologize to the CM community for the recent downtime with the cmmods.com server.

I had to shut it down on Monday and on Tuesday for approx. 4 hours total. I'm doing everything I can to ensure that this does NOT happen again. :confused:

Also, JuJu's superb buildings mod has caused a downloading frenzy. This has also caused problems with people even being able to get to the mod without seeing any "Page Unavailable" or "Internal Error 500" error messages. My only suggestion for that is to either try and d/l the mods on non-peak hours (12AM-9AM EST), or wait a few days until the mod whores get done plundering my server. (No offense to the mod whores, we all love ya! ;) )

Once again, I'm sorry for all of these problems, but there's not much else I can do about it for now. Maybe if JuJu (and all the other fantastic modders) would quit making such wonderfully realistic mods, I wouldn't have this problem!?! :D

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

Maybe if JuJu (and all the other fantastic modders) would quit making such wonderfully realistic mods, I wouldn't have this problem!?! :D

Okay, have it your way. My next mod will suck. ;)

You don't need to apologize for the downtime. Happens to everyone now and again. Still, this is the second time I've helped crash a server (Night of the refreshing monkeys, anyone? :D ). I feel a bit responsible myself, this time.

Originally posted by Juju:

Okay, have it your way. My next mod will suck. ;)

You don't need to apologize for the downtime. Happens to everyone now and again. Still, this is the second time I've helped crash a server (Night of the refreshing monkeys, anyone? :D ). I feel a bit responsible myself, this time.

You are ***N-O-T*** responsbile for my server downtime. That is MY problem to solve. You just keep spittin' out those great mods and I'll create a solution!

COG,

You provide a valuable resource to this community. A bit of downtime here and there isn't going to hurt anyone.

When you first set up the CMMOD d-base, I thought it would buckle under the weight of so much traffic and would collapse within a few months. To my surprise and amazement, you have kept it going *very* reliably for a lot longer than that.

I deeply appreciate your efforts at keeping CMMODS alive and the modders that provide the content.

Thank you!

PS: The IS department at my work could learn a thing or two from you. The friggin' mail server is down again .. and we only have less than 1 percent of the traffic CMMOD does....

Originally posted by Bergerbitz:

PS: The IS department at my work could learn a thing or two from you. The friggin' mail server is down again .. and we only have less than 1 percent of the traffic CMMOD does....

I agree the same from my workplace ... and that can say something :rolleyes:

So, tell me COG, what is now worse on your server: Juju's mods or a summer storm? :D

COG

Absolutely no need for an apology!

Your site, as others here have mentioned, has been a boon to this community, your efforts get 10 attaboys from me.

Hell man, do a poll here on how many members have your site bookmarked, just about as many who have this forum on their bookmarks I'll bet, just think about that?! All on your own also, we OWE you my friend.

KC

Like the rest I have no gripes about your site and the very few times it's down is certainly understandable and unavoidable. The job you do is simply awesome and you'll get no complaints from us. So thank you for what you provide us - an excellent site. Now as far as the idea that modders should start making crappy mods - Oh that's a good idea. :rolleyes:;) You modders just act like he didn't say that. I'm sure he was upset due to the site being down or maybe just lost his mind for a minute. :D