***More New Mods Posted - SPW 251 Series Late War***

SPW 251 Series Late War

This is the SPW 251 Series done with MikeyD's excellent camo and AndrewTF's (The Great and Powerful) excellent mod. Best of both worlds.

They look like this:

spw251slatewardi7rw.th.jpg

Apparently under the "great minds think alike" theory, both Uncle Tgt and I put out the 251 series on the same weekend. :eek: What to do? Upload mine, and download his, of course. :D

Where? Where else - CMMODs, silly. :D

Enjoy,

DavidI

These mods look really nice and I'm really looking forward to trying them out.

One thing I've been wondering about, and I hope this mod addresses it. I remember seeing a photograph from the Eastern Front of stugs and halftracks crossing an open landscape. It almost looked something from CM, except that who lets their halftracks get that close to the front? The photo was in black and white, of course, and a bit fuzzy, but you could clearly see the camouflage patterns. Each Stug seemed to have the same pattern as the other stugs, and each SPW had the same pattern as the other SPW's. And the two patterns were different -- presumably because the commander of each unit was responsible for supervising the application of camouflage patterns. One thing that was also very marked was that the pattern striping on the sides of the SPW were diagonals rather than vertical. So two of the tones of what was probably three-tone camo was forming something that almost looked like a shallow V rather than vertical markings.

I don't know much about what camo should look like on vehicles, but I wonder if you could do a variant where there was a bit more of a diagonal tilt to the darker colored sections.

I'm not sure if the image I was referring to is stored on my hard drive. If it is, it may take me a while to find it. In the meantime I'll look around the web and see if I can find the original source. I'm pretty sure it was posted on the CM boards within the last year, though I'm not sure which one or under what topic (i.e. can't just search because I don't know what to search for). I'll post anything interesting that I find along the way.

In the meantime, I have a minor request. It would be nice to have license plate options for vehicles. I hate seeing SS or Luftwaffe driving around in Wehrmacht vehicles. One simple solution is to include a version without license plates. Another would be to include SS and LW license plates. I usually do this myself on the fly, but it's much nicer to have it done by the original modder.