Very groggy question on SS Panzer Division 'Nordland'

I'm working on the conversion of PanzerBlitz situation #25 which involves this unit.

Question 1: What versions of the Panther and IV was it using in September 1944?

Question 2: Did it have in fact Panthers or just IV's and Tiger I's? My sources differ on this. Was the 502nd Tiger Battalion attached to them at this time?

Thanks in advance.

Hans

Originally posted by Hans:

I'm working on the conversion of PanzerBlitz situation #25 which involves this unit.

Question 1: What versions of the Panther and IV was it using in September 1944?

Question 2: Did it have in fact Panthers or just IV's and Tiger I's? My sources differ on this. Was the 502nd Tiger Battalion attached to them at this time?

Thanks in advance.

Hans

Hans, Jentz has it as a SS-Panzergrenadierdivision, with 12 Panthers on 31st May 1944, only 5 of these operational. No other tanks, and no info on the specific version. I doubt that it would be much, if at all reinforced by September, since inbetween the calamity known as Bagration happened.

sPpzAbt 502 he gives 57 Tiger with 33 operational. By September it was sent to R&R in Sennelager, Germany.

Andreas

In the situation itself it shows that the 502nd is involved in the fight in the Madona sector on 22 September 1944. Panther info is contradictory to say the least. Very rude of them not to keep good records for future gamers ( ; ])

Thanks for the info!