www.cmmods.com - "This sever does not support resuming"

Sidenote: I use GetRight download manager v4.5d - a godsend given my slow Africa dial-up internet account.

Before I left for a 2 month break in May, I could download mods on this excellent Mod Database site and resume the d/l with GetRight where I stopped. Not so any more. GetRight states that "this server does not support resuming." It did before though. Did the owner of the server change certain settings, as I have changed nothing as far as I know?

Tried to d/l Andrew Fox's HT's last night, but wifey was asking me to come to bed. [Yeah, after almost 3 years I have changed my priorities back to the missus. Sad how CM changes our behaviour patterns around the house]

This morning it was no-go with the resume button...

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

Depending on the version you have, GetRight contains spyware. I steer away from that stuff.

May I recommend Download Mage . Small, simple, unobtrusive and definitely no spyware.

Just tried resuming a download at CM Mod Database and no problems there, at least using Download Mage.

Lt Bull

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

Maybe your free shareware software is confused

Alas, it's working today again as it should! It seems my paid version of GetRight remembered who's boss. Sorry to bother you Columbus. Keep up the excellent work though. BTW, in what liquor state do you live? ;)

Lt. Bull, I've been using the paid GetRight thingy for 4 years now in its various upgraded forms and are happy with it. As for spyware, oh well, just flew from London to Berlin and we saw cameras in the overhead bulkwork of the plane taking snapshots of passengers (so-called budget airline). Big brother is watching us for years. Me, I've got nothing to hide, yet. smile.gif

Now... just to get rid of all these damn spam in my inbox :D

Will certainly look at your suggestion though.

PS regarding spyware and the non-inclusion thereof: Found this today at the GetRight website - see http://www.getright.com/statement.html.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • Rumblings of War, aka RoW I/II/III and beyond tourney sponsor (Wreck/Ali+Kanonier+Jon_L/~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of Battlefront.com (Baldy received the Fat Bastard Chardonnay)</font>
  • Thank You donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Team Boots & Tracks for their scenarios created specifically for RoW tournaments</font>
  • Wine donation send to Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Andrew Fox for his CM modding work</font>
  • Wine donation send to Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot for his dedication in hosting CM scenarios</font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)</font>

[ August 07, 2003, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by WineCape:

Big brother is watching us for years. Me, I've got nothing to hide, yet. smile.gif

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

%7Boption%7D

Ha! Nothing to hide my arse! How about the fact that you are known to have connections with members of the Peng Challenge Thread, and have even supplied them with wine, eh?

Which, by the way, was drunk on an island in the middle of a lake where we were surrounded by untold numbers of bikini-clad young women, and was very, very good.

We even used glasses to drink it. For the most part, anyway.

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WineCape:

BTW, in what liquor state do you live? ;)

I live in the state of Confusion. It is bordered by the states of Inebriation and Denial. I sometimes travel to the state of Paranoia, but prefer the state of Bliss.

Does this help? ;) :cool: tongue.gif </font>