GJK Beefy Sound Mod Question

Have been comparing the sounds on GJK Beefy sounds and the original, and they certainly are an improvement. But there are some differences: in the original the flamethrower (I guess) sound files (230 and 231) have four slightly different sounds with silence in between while in the mod it is just one sound. Wouldn't this make a difference during a game? Has anyone who loaded the GJK sound mod noticed anything when in use?

Interested to find out before I load them on.

Cheers

Hi Sivodsi,

The flamethrower as I have it is a single, long rumble. Perhaps it goes on too long. Just make sure you have the original wav's backed up and then try it out, if you don't like the flamethrower but do the rest, restore just the flamethrower wav.

On my "to do" list is an update of the sounds now that I have some better audio programs. Someday, someday....

Hi GFK,

Thanks for the quick reply. Out of curiosity, are the original sounds timed to match the animation? Is that why the blasts are spaced out? If so, wouldn't there be a mismatch between the mod and what is happening on screen?

Again, thanks for the work - those deep pounding cannon shots make my legs shake, teeth rattle and wake the neighbors if the volume is too high.

Cheers

Thanks, I had a lot of fun working on those enhancements, but not a lot of experience at the time, so I think I got lucky on most all of the sounds, except for the flamethrower (which would be ok if shortened a bit I think). I'm sure I could enhance those sounds even more, given the time, and I will try my hand again soon. My mindset when working on these was hearing artillery and tanks fire rounds while stationed at 29 Palms, and hearing it echo off the canyon walls and the heavy, thunderous sounds they made.

The sounds are just set to play as soon as the unit evokes the action. So for armor, arty, rifles and everything else timing isn't a problem. Again, problem with the flamethrower is it will keep on making the sound even after the flame goes away. So I'd ditch that wav and keep whichever other ones you like. Crank up speakers and rock the house. :D

Oh, and be sure you visit the Proving Grounds (yes, I'm pimping again). Link in my sig below.