captured tank prices

Alrighty, it makes sense that Germans have to pay more to drive a captured T34 than the Russians need to pay to drive the same tank. But I'm completely baffled why it is cheaper for the Soviets to drive a captured Panther (Pz VA early) than for the Germans to use their own tank!

A veteran Panther (Pz VA early) costs 233 points at a rarity of +30% for the Germans. For the Soviets, the captured version of that same tank costs only 210 points at a rarity of +150%! (All prices are for June 1944.)

With Allied purchase power like this, it's no wonder my poor German tanks are always outnumbered.

Anybody know of an explanation (or care to venture a guess?)

Dr. Rosenrosen

Simple, the Russian AP rounds aren't as effective as those of the Germans. Once I had three Russian Panthers vs. four German Panthers and the Russian shells just bounced off the hulls of the German tanks. (They each got off three or four shots) At the same time the Germans KO'd each of the Russian tanks with no trouble at all after a similar number of shots.

[ July 30, 2003, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]