Red orchestra

Its the best FPS out there. But that is not saying a lot. There are a lot of problems with the game that the developers are most likely not going to fix. Red Orchestra: Ostfront ( RO:O ) should be released within the next month. Hopefully they will have fixed problems with the game by then. From what they do it seems as if they do not have a historian on their development team. I will list a few problems with the game to give a little insight into its workings.

1.) ROF for weapons are not what the developers tell people they are. Supposedly RO has the MG42 at its real ROF of 1200rpm. This is untrue. The weapon fires at around 850-900rpm. If they cannot model it to have 1200rpm then they should not advertise it as having so. The MG34 and PPSh are also lowered. The Mg34 has 650-700 instead of 850-900rpm. While the Ppsh only fires at 750-800 in comparison to its actual 900rpm.

2.) The MG34 and MG42 are horrendously inaccurate. The spread fire on the two is horrible. Yet the Russian DP27 in RO fires exactly where you aim it. Ask anyone who has fired the MG34 or MG42 and the reply should come out very positive. The MG34 also has a lowerd 50rd saddle drum in comparison to having a 75rd saddle drum. I am supposing its in attempt to keep it from bettering the DP27. The developers seem infatuated with the DP27.

3.) The grenades are horrible. Supposedly this problem will be fixed in RO:O but we shall see. Here are a few problems with the grenades. Grenades can be thrown much further than the estimated 28-32m. This is a very bad decision for the game because more often than not games are decided by who can throw a grenade better. Firefights are not as large of a factor as the grenades in RO are. The grenade's explosive radius is very out of proportion. A popular term among RO patrons for grenades are "mini nukes".

4.) Do not touch the armor in RO. The RO attempt at simulating armor is a pitiful attempt. And that is putting it lightly. It looks nice on the outside. But when you actually play, especialy if you enjoy armor simulations and CM of course, you will likely be dissapointed. The developers should have stuck with infantry as they originally did. Perhaps stick a halftrack or truck in an occasional map. But no, they added vehicles on large scale maps when there are but few people. I could make a large list of the problems of armor in RO but I don't have all day. ;)

To sum it all up RO is a sub-par FPS game. It is a far better alternative to such games as Call of Duty ( CoD ) and Medal of Honor ( MoH ). Since CoD is just a pitiful and gamey attempt at realism. Realism being giving the ability to aim down poorly modeled sights and changing nothing else. Play RO if you have a craving for a WWII FPS and can overlook the downsides.

Tschüß!

Erich

Originally posted by Tiredboots:

Thanks fussball. Being already pretty much burned out on WW2 FPSs, I think I'll waite until an FPS analog of CMBB comes along(if ever),your comment on armor was the clincher.

You're welcome. smile.gif If you can't wait for a good WWII FPS then take a look at Resistance and Liberation ( RnL ). Its not out yet but it looks like it has some promise. From current information if all goes well RnL should be the most realistic WWII FPS when it arrives. Check it out: www.resistanceandliberation.com. Enjoy. smile.gif

Tschüß!

Erich