How is this possible?

I would like to show some screenshots but I don't know how to add images to the post. For the moment I will describe the fact: I have a German PSW 231 behind a factory. The PSW has NO clear LOS to a Soviet BT tank in open terrain (the LOS line undoubtedly crosses through the wall of the factory), but it is able to target it and destroy it.

Is it a bug? Has anybody experienced something similar?

If someone can explain how to add images to the post I can also provide the screenshots

Thanks!

When you target the BT does the LOS/LOF line turn black where it crosses the factory? Or does it remain blue?

Sometimes, the LOS/LOF line is "blurry" as far as building lines are concerned.

Buildings may not be exact, to the milimeter, LOS blockers.

Also, I've had tanks shoot at each other while on either side of a small shack. They actually DID have LOS/LOF through the building.

Not sure that helps, any. :-/

Gpig

when targeting the BT, the LOS is blue and the LOF allows me to target the enemy tank.

BTW, the outcome is that the PSW took at first advantage of this "see-through" ability, but later was eliminated for the same reason! :(

When did the PSW 231 fire at the Soviet tank? I suspect that the tank began the turn in LOS but ended the turn out of LOS.

Unfortunately the corners of the buildings in CM, as represented in the graphical display, do not exactly match the spatial representation of the corners in the game engine. The well-known result is that you can often see through the corners of the buildings even though they appear to be solid.

I don't know if you would call it a bug, because it is a known feature of the software that is even alluded to in the manual IIRC.

It is very frustrating when you order a tank to presumed safety behind a building, only to realize that your opponent's tank can still see it through the corner. Keep your tanks at least a couple of meters away from the corners.

When did the PSW 231 fire at the Soviet tank? I suspect that the tank began the turn in LOS but ended the turn out of LOS.
My PSW 231 has been behind the factory wall for a couple of turns before the BT tank came. I was able to see it because infantry in the factory had clear LOS to the tank. But the PSW never moved from its position so it never came into clear LOS of the BT.

Unfortunately the corners of the buildings in CM, as represented in the graphical display, do not exactly match the spatial representation of the corners in the game engine. The well-known result is that you can often see through the corners of the buildings even though they appear to be solid.
I tend to consider this as the cause of what happened but it still seems odd to me that no clear LOS was achieved between the PSW and the Soviet tank, however they could target each other.

Anyway.... I will follow Pirx advice: keep tanks far from buildings corners!

Thank you all for the replies