All it does is make units harder to see and identify, with all it's implications. This probably benifits the defender more, since, you can have an annoying ATG or MG wreaking havoc undetected, which happens a lot more in EFOW. I always play with FFOW, and I want to use EFO since it's more realistic, but before every QB I forget and get stuck with FFOW. :(

I disagree with Tigrii.

With EFOW it's just as easy to detect the opposition as with FFOW. It's proper identification that gets tricky.

For the situation pointed out by Tigrii, with dug in ATGs waiting for approaching armour, these may well misidentify the attackers and open fire at the "wrong" range.

Either by underestimation and open up with light guns before they can do any damage.

Or, more likely, overestimate the opposition and hold the fire of potentially effective light guns and instead expose the heavier guns too soon.

It's also more difficult to identify HQs, FTs, AT teams and other high priority targets.

Conclusion is that I think it gives a very slight benefit to the attacker.

Cheers

Olle

Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

I disagree with Tigrii.

With EFOW it's just as easy to detect the opposition as with FFOW. It's proper identification that gets tricky.

For the situation pointed out by Tigrii, with dug in ATGs waiting for approaching armour, these may well misidentify the attackers and open fire at the "wrong" range.

Either by underestimation and open up with light guns before they can do any damage.

Or, more likely, overestimate the opposition and hold the fire of potentially effective light guns and instead expose the heavier guns too soon.

It's also more difficult to identify HQs, FTs, AT teams and other high priority targets.

Conclusion is that I think it gives a very slight benefit to the attacker.

Cheers

Olle

I agree Olle; EFOW is of great advantage to the Attacker