CMMods What is it used for and how does it work?

I am new to the game and in reading old posts I see a lot of discussion about this program. I also know why the site is down but was wondering if someone could explain its function to me since I cannot find out about it on the website. Is it strictly for modders and scenario designers to use different BMPs or is it a way to store multiple versions of the same BMP for any scenario and game? If the latter, when you open a scenario how do you select which BMPs to use? Thanks in advance for any answers.

COMMODS is the Mecca of mods for CMBO, CMBB and CMAK. From CMMODs you can download mods to terrain, vehicles, uniforms, sounds, you name it.

Unfortunately it is down at present as the guy who runs it's wife has just undergone a MAJOR SURGERY (transplant of both lungs - unbelievable!). He also has a card that he needs to replace in his computer.

Being a confirmed Modslut I miss it alot.

Hang tight and keep your fingers crossed.

DavidI

So does it replace say the stock Tiger I with a single Mod and you lose the stock version or can you have 5 different versions of the Tiger I and import it into any scenario? How does that work? For example you have a winterized Tiger I, a clean one, a gray one a camo one and a muddy one do they have the same BMP number or five different ones and how does the scenario or mission you play know which BMP to use?

Sorry if these are dumb questions but I am a Newbie and only know what has been posted on this forum about CMMODs. Which is enough to get a hint of what it is without full understanding.

Originally posted by David White:

So does it replace say the stock Tiger I with a single Mod and you lose the stock version or can you have 5 different versions of the Tiger I and import it into any scenario? How does that work?

Ok here's my method. First off, you should make a backup of your default bmp folder, just simply copy and paste it somewhere. CMMOS can do the mod swapping out back and forth for you. But i prefer doing it manually myself.

Here's an example, make a folder like say a "Tiger I" folder with more folders in it containing different Tiger I mods and the default Tiger I bmps. Then when you want to swap out mods just simply highlight all(ctrl-a) of the bmps from which folder/mod you want to use. Then right-click on any of them and then use "send to" to drop them into your CMBB BMP folder.

Note: You'll need to add your "CMBB BMP" folder to your "send to" menu. It makes it alot easier. In my "send to" menu i have cmbb/cmak bmp and scenario shortcuts. So i just right click on some bmps or a scenario and send it right to the proper folder.

Oh yeah, all cm games will automatically use any of your winterized bmps when your in a winter landscape.