Photographs from occupied Petrozavodsk

Petrozavodsk, the capital of the Karelian ASSR, was captured by Finnish troops in October 1941. For the next couple of years it went by the name Äänislinna.

Here's a gallery full of photos taken during the occupation. They might be useful to map makers, as it shows what one particular city in Soviet Union looked like.

aa.jpg

http://heninen.net/aanislinna/english.htm

Cool.

Can the Fins used captured KV-1's and T-34's in CMBB?

Interesting pictures. Thank you.

Gpig

P.S. It sure is different from today (duh). But you notice how there is only two automobiles in that whole city? Now days it's hard to see a city what with all the cars ripping about. ;)

Originally posted by Sergei:

About the automobiles... it must feel really dumb having to control traffic consisting of a single truck:

You don't happen to have on you data about the use of GAZ trucks in the Finnish army ? I have accumulated 1/35 GAZ-AA, GAZ-AAA, GAZ-MM and ZIL(?)-5 truck models and I have drawn blank in my attempts to find out any data about them in Finnish service. The only pictures of them I have seen are from Raate road and the one flattened by a tank in Eastern Karelia.