Modding

I see all these web sites that have awesome looking new vehicles, maps, uniforms etc. So as a FNG to this game I was wondering if anyone would like to take the time and explain how I would go about getting all these awesome mods and getting them to work on my game. Oh and as if that wasnt enough, maybe tell me how these guys actually do all the modding. Thanks very much and happy gaming

Dave

Welcome to the CM forum and the depraved world of mod sluttery,

You can find lots of links in the FAQ sticky thread in the CMBB forum, plus a search for /install/mods/modding/back up/bmp folder in the search function provided if you get stuck.

CMMODS.com is the centre of the mod universe and most mod files have a simple read me included. Remember to back up the files your replacing or the whole bmp folder. Or use a utility called CMMOS, which handles a variety of mod rulesets on the PC (there is a similar new Mac version)

A taster for modding is Mark Gallear's MOD School and gautrek's webpage

Enjoy

[ November 16, 2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]