Infantry vs. Infantry

Out of curiosity has anyone done this:

Place a russian squad next to a german squad both have no explosives or antitank weapons, etc. and both have low ammo readings. (control for training status (elite regular, etc.) fitness, etc.

Does the weapons make up make any difference (I know that squads are of different sizes too.

Next question has anyone done that with sharpshooters...do they actually hand to hand it with eachother?

C.

Originally posted by coe:

Next question has anyone done that with sharpshooters...do they actually hand to hand it with eachother?

I dont think they will. At under ?100m? they use an abstracted ?pistol?.

FTs will use an ?abstracted pistol? when out of ammo or range > FT range.

[ July 28, 2003, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

well sharpshooters DO fight at that range... i set up a little test using a flamethrower, at-rifle, sharpshooter, panzerschrek and 37mmcannon on the german side and a flamethrower, at-rifle, sharpshooter, ampulomet and 45mm cannon on the russian side... the units were placed approx. 5-10 m from their counterparts (ampulomet vs panzerschrek) with 0 ammo and no cover... they do fight eachother, but not HtH. Instead they use their rifles (wich all teams have in CMBB) no matter what the range is... so i guess teams dont use HtH combat in CMBB... wich is a bit bad since a small platoon HQ has a much better chance of killing a cannon crew even if they are low on ammo since they (and not the crew) can use HtH... if the crew (of say 8) could fight back with HtH they might have been harder to kill...