german single player campaign?

Hi,

as a newbie i'm looking for a series of scenarios / operations for german single player, which are not too difficult but as historic as possible for big-map operations with mixed forces (tanks and inf) which starts 1941. I scanned the scenario-websides but the choices are very intimidating and didn't get a good result.

Is there a series/author which you can recommend?

Thx

If you're new to CMBB you should probably look at anything by Andreas. His fictional scenarios are actually more historical than most historical ones. You might want to check out a website called "I still wish it were Der Kessel".

As far as your more specific interest goes, visit cmmods, go to the cmbb section, look for something called Sorted Scenarios, download the summer, fall, and winter 1941 selections, and check the operations screens for each of these. Assuming that you really want to play operations.

Another alternative, if you want a string of historically related scenarios, is to downlad the Winter War part of the Sorted scenarios -- there's a great series of Finnish-Soviet battles in there that can be played in historical order.

I really liked the Vuosalmi campaign, really a series of 14 unlinked but very closely related scenarios about a key battle in the Winter War. You can play them in order or separately, and they take place on different parts of a single huge map that eventually shows up in one of the later battles. They're over at CMMODS.

Another one that is supposed to be very good (I haven't had a chance to play it) is the Seelowe Heights series of battles. These can also be found over at CMMODS either in the Winter 44-45 or Spring 45 part of the Sorted Scenarios.

The other thing you should try is Eichenbaum's Crimean campaign (storfang). The history of how it actually works is a bit complicated, but the maps and mods that go with it are really, really good. Do a search under his name, and in one of his last two or three posts he gave links to the scenarios.

And if you like historical material, take a look at Richie's Stalingrad and Fall of Berlin work. You can get it from the Sorted Scenarios, but it's much more fun to visit his website.