Hull Down Question

Nay, to my knowledge tank AI only knows to utterly block LOS to the target tank by retreating, if it feels the challenge is too great.

You have to search for hull down position manually; you can either try to measure the angle by eye with the camera on ground level, or give your tank a reverse/hunt command, and an armor cover arc that reaches over the target.

This way your tank will creep back up the ledge after reversing, only stopping once it spots an enemy armor (and effectively disregarding soft targets). Presto, perfect hull down position. smile.gif

We are to assume that the situation begins when the player's tank is fully exposed, meaning not in hull down position. Using the hunt command with armor cover arc insures that the tank stops its ascent when it spots the first hostile tank (save if it fails to spot due to buttoning up or something).

I don't think any manual pivoting can save the tank from flanking; I assume you mean a flanking maneuver that isn't foreseen.