Signal Magazine Photographs as Wallpaper

While looking for color photographs to use in my German portraits mod I came across several large photographs from Signal magazine that make good introductory screens. One of them has already been used in lower resolution in the Tarkus mod, but I thought it might be nice to have a set of them that work with the out-of-the-box BFC interface, for those that want to see the Eastern Front through German rather than Russian lenses. So I whipped together two sets, one with the Red Twins and one without.

My favorite is the second one, which shows a shell exploding just in front of a squad taking cover behind a moving tank, Caucasus mountains in the background. Unfortunately the link on this photograph wasn't working, so the resolution isn't as good as it should be.

All of these Menu screens can be found at CMMODS. While you're there, make sure you take a good look at the two Vincent Splash Screens that were posted a few days ago. The quality of the design work is far superior to what I did in these four screens. I really like his collage technique.

Many thanks to eyepilot for directing me to the sites where I found these images.

signal1redtwins7zk.jpg

signal2redtwins1oy.jpg

signal3redtwins3vh.jpg

signal4redtwins1ny.jpg

And thanks to Image Shack for providing free hosting for these images.

No, I copied and pasted the cross on the left over the star on the right in MS paint. Then click, drag and cut around the B to B, flood fill black.

Since you mentioned the VC I remember Juju's CMBO last seen icon mod with all the nifty medals. I may try something with that.

I also made a CDV or BFC intro screen from the CMBO 11260 ? bmp. The flags seemed to fit the 39-40 theatre.

You might want to set your Google to "image" instead of "web" (or whatever the normal setting is called) and do a search under Victoria Cross. It's bound to turn up a few good images. You can then cut one of them out, and, perhaps, remove the color from it and paste over a gold layer similar to the color of the iron cross. That way the two different crosses should match, and you'll have one symbol from each side. The alternative is to use the RAF roundel, but I don't think that would really look right.