My body is at work, but my mind is at home play CM

Anyone else feel this way? some times i daze of and im at home, infront of a CM game. think of the attackers likely routes. setting up nice lil ambushes, waiting to see t-34's and shermans (CMBO) to fall victim to my tigers. aaahhh. as you can tell i have 2 other posts and reason behind them is i have alot of time to do nothing at work (17, law firm clerck, boring...) but yesterday was my first CM multiplyer battle. i was defending and i one a total victory, 95-15 (points) right now i m thinking about what went wrong (nothing much on that one) and what went right. this game is a curse i say. a splinter in the back of my mind. atleast it makes the day go. is this normal or is this a problem i should look into

Bah! Only at the office?!? You're a rank NoOb...

Just wait 'till you are driving down the road and start picking out all the good hull-down positions off to the sides where you would lay waste to an armored column. Or walk through your city/town/hamlet, thinking how you would setup a defense, or practice block-busting.

Then you will have learned...

And when you're on a vacation...maybe at the beach you think about how to get the young family next to you out of their sandy foxhole without being flanked by the Baywatch guy on his fortification.

just an advice: don't take the blame on your girlfriend, try to get some ww2 books with you and hope these f****ing holidays are over soon!

Here is a good one, my wife was in the same room the other day as I played CMBB surfing the web on her laptop. That night she had dreams of gunfire and explosions :D . I got a chunckle out of that one.

BTW, I am well beyond the stage of looking for good hull down positions and defensive pieces of turf on the way home. I was doing that years ago in when I was in the active duty Marines.

Now I just fondly remember the sounds of tank fire when I was in Israel on a firing range (Negev desert) in a M1A1 firing main gun rounds at distant formally Arab owned tank hardware. Awesome. :cool:

von Nev

(edited for poor spelling.)

[ July 17, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: von Nev ]

I'm still in my "that is a good hull down position" phase. Started on holiday last year in Schotland where I was amazed about the possibilities of ambushes behind scattered trees and small hills. :eek:

Mies

When boring at the college I often imagine fights in it ... or I prepare tactics for my PBEM files (hmmm yup why don't pushing those BT tanks ...)

I think 1/2 hour to 2 hours to CM in classroom per day at the college ... am I not ill doctor ? smile.gif

Anyway I feel bad when I come back to the real world with my Mathematics teatcher crying at me ...

My friends don't understand why I enjoy this game so much ... :rolleyes: but I don't understand why they are fanatics of Warcraft or similar games ...

Paulus, catch by the Combat Mission phenomenon ... hope you won't ruin my (I expect) military studies, BFC Guys ;)

Paulus

@ Eichenbaum

smile.gif

nice picture, but obviously I am not the guy. As you can see he holds a Laptop in his left hand and it looks like his wife accepts his hobby because she's carrying the battery.

Here's an example of a british amphibious landing on the north coast of Germany (not historical). Ever thought how to push those well trained units back into the sea?

woche17.jpg

Originally posted by Pyewacket:

@ Eichenbaum

smile.gif

nice picture, but obviously I am not the guy. As you can see he holds a Laptop in his left hand and it looks like his wife accepts his hobby because she's carrying the battery.

Here's an example of a british amphibious landing on the north coast of Germany (not historical). Ever thought how to push those well trained units back into the sea?

woche17.jpg

SPOILERS HERE....

-----------== U-Bot im Mer ==-------------

(... and the 3 well trained English units)

"Meine güte, Hanz kuck mal dar !"

Torpedo 1 away......

Torpedo 3 away ......

Torpedo 2 away ......

"Jah! Das sind 3 richtige Volltreffern!"

"Du Hanz, du bist eine schwule Bumms-nase!"

icon_bbs.gif Eichenbaum

[ July 18, 2003, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]