Positioning of Units in Multistory Buildings Between Battles?

I've noticed that if I position a unit such as a HMG on the upper story of a heavy building in one battle of a multi-battle scenario, it will be repositioned to the lower level at the start of the next battle. It's annoying since I have to issue a command to the unit to go back upstairs, which wastes time and exposes the unit to enemy eyes because of the movement. Has anyone else noticed this, and is it a bug?

Unfortunately, if they are in a "no man's land" zone, they can only be repositioned (teleported) back into a safe area or left exactly where they are. That makes it frustrating when you have a unit in an upper level that gets bumped down, or one that gets adjusted to a slightly different location (like out in the street). It would be really nice if you could reposition 5m or so, or if they would just be left where they were before.

TT

Originally posted by TexasToast:

Unfortunately, if they are in a "no man's land" zone, they can only be repositioned (teleported) back into a safe area or left exactly where they are.

My apologies, I forgot to mention that the unit was indeed in a "no-man's land" zone, and so could not be repositioned during the setup phase. I guess it's not just me. Perhaps something to be fixed in the next patch?