CM on-line/virtual units

Been playing for about two months now. Got into my first PBEM match and got kicked but good and immediately afterward asked myself if there are virual units for this game as there are for others.

Couldn't find an answer to this question in the FAQ, but I didn't see any links elsewhere on this site. I'm betting the answer's 'No' regarding VUs, but there's nothing like asking to get the straight skinny.

Nik

I'm not sure what you mean by the phrase, "virtual units"? Do you mean players grouped together to play, organized as if they were military units from WW2? Like the players in WW2 Online do or did.

There are a number of "clubs" and "tournament ladders" online where players join and get listed on the site for others to challenge them. There are probably some others better organized. Try "Blitzkreig" and check out the CM part of their forums as a starting place.

Ike

I'm having a great time in CMMC2 right now. There has been, and probably will be more, waiting. It's worth it though because the battles mean so much more than your average QB or PBEM. We've got all skill levels too and the training might teach you a thing or two.

Hop on!

Hi Bonxa,

I went over to the CMMC site too and am a bit unclear about something. If you chose to play the role of a tactical commander (i.e. not only a staff position) how big are the battles?

I am personally a bit overwhelmed by battles larger than about 1500-2000 pts at most. Is this sufficient to take a tactical role or would I be better off being staff only?

Thanks in advance

Hi Yair iny

The battle's in Cmmc2 are large.But don't let that put you off.If you want to fight a CM battle and you are accepted by either the Soviet or German side,then you will probably be given a Battalion to command.If you decide the battles look to large for you,apply for a staff position.This is were you get the chance to test your communication and planning skills.The campaign is immersive and once your in you will be hooked.Give it a go.

Smertniki, I saw your post over at the CMMC2 forum. The initial problems should be solved fast. I hope you join the glorious Red Army. smile.gif

Yair Iny, the battles can be daunting and you will have to adapt to it. A Battalion is about the smallest we play with. And don't be surprised if you find an entire battalion of 152 mm guns in support (Thats three spotters!). The training should prepare you well though.

Good luck the both of you!