Post Your Citadel Scores here...

The only time I've played it was over IP head to head. I won as Soviets 75% -25%. It was a real see-saw battle with momentum swinging back and forth a couple times. You have to wait for the germans to get really close, like 150M or less before you open up with your AT guns. I was lucky and got flank shots on 3 IVs and killed them all in 1 turn. It was staggering. The ATRs really helped distract the tanks.

I haven't played it again, I really don't enjoy playing the same scenario more than once. I'll have to until the whole game comes out, but I agree that only your first play of the game should count. Otherwise you know too much to make it a fair fight.

Did a tactical victory the first time (67 - 33).

Did not cape the flags, but destroyed all guns and tanks. Lost 2 tanks my own with 2 cas, needed 50 turns to reach secondary crossroads......, methodically and carefully. Was my first game with CMBB.

As the Russians achieved Major victory 88 : 12. Lost 5 guns, 2 ATR, 1 Tankhunterteam and one MG , 1 KV-1 gun damaged, 22 cas in total. First battery was supposed to engage from behind and was postioned near the german startline, to many Hulldown pos and lack of crossfire eliminated my 4 guns for 3 P3s.

Second line (Wood prior to depression) was chosen as the Mainline with crossfire from KV-1s and a battery 45 ATGs together with distracting MG and ATR fire, worked out fine all other german tanks destroyed there, 7 by KV-1, 3 by guns and 1 by unknown cause. Third line gave some distracting support but was never engaged.

Greets

Daniel

[ September 05, 2002, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: TSword ]

Without any bonuses, I had 1 crew member lost and one PzIII immobilized.

I were on the finals of annihilating last few troops, but they surrendered before I got it done.

was about 3 units left, those whos by you're going first... I didn't care to stop for them until everything else got annihilated.

Got few prisoners too, before the final surrender.

As russian, I did loose half the AT guns, almost all the PTRD's, but won.

PTRD's and couple maxims just because i set them up in place where my guns didn't have proper coverage.

5-6 AT guns were lost.

Just finnished playing as the Russians. (Won)

Poss spoiler .................. or just dumb AI !

>

>

>

>

Was a bit disappointed with the AI's use of its tanks. It bypassed two of my Tank Hunter teams..

so i sent them on a suicidal dash at the tanks.

(just for fun)......talk about panic .....of the 15 tanks the AI was controlling SEVEN did a 306 to face my four infantry...and another THREE trained their main guns on them ... the tank hunters were all over 275 mtrs away.

Once i'd seen this i used a similar tactic later in the game ....the AI did it again, but this time my KV's and guns were ready to kick those soft panzer rear's ....... it got 4 panzers KO'd/abandoned, had two imobilized and one gun hit .. in one round !

• 4 months later...