movement options

Iam going to ask a dumb question here. What are advance and assault movement options for Infantry used for, as I never use them. The same goes for scoot an shoot and hunt options for afv's. Whats the difference between advance and move options for infantry and hunt and move options for afv's.

Wow... you never use Advance? Others will, I'm sure, describe this better than me but I'll give it a shot.

Advance: Used when your men will be under fire or you think they may be. It tires your men faster than a run command but they will not be suppressed as easily while under the command. It's probably my most used movement command besides Move to Contact.

Assult: Used when you need to run that final 20m or so into a trench. It tires your men out very quickly and uses more ammo than normal. I've had mixed results with this and don't use it often. I tend to make sure whoever I am about to assult is already pinned from other units of mine.

Hunt: A sort of like the Move to Contact command for your infantry. Your tank will slowly move forward "hunting" for enemy units and when one is spotted it will stop and engage. Unlike the Move to Contact order after the enemy is eliminated it will continue on with the Hunt order. Another of my most used commands. If I know there are enemies around and my AFV is about to come into contact I will generally give him a Hunt command.

Shoot and Scoot: Your AFV will move forward, fire off a shot or two and then scoot out of the way. This is used a lot in tank duels and such. Also I find it a good way to do recon of sorts. I give an AFV a S&S command, it pops up over the ridge, has a look around for a few seconds and scoots back. If it draws fire it's only in view for a little bit.

I hope that helps a bit and as I said, someone should be a long who will do a better job of explaining. smile.gif