Battle for the Istra River

A few months back Wild Bill came out with an article on the 1st Guards Tank Brigade and the "Battle for the Istra River", Nov. 24, 1941. After reading his article I decided to design a semi-historical battle based on his article.

Does anyone have a map of the battle area? I've already done a make believe map for a river crossing and it's bloody fun fighting over the map. Now I'd like to try and recreate the actual battle using a map of that particular area. Anyone out there with map resources or leads to a good map?

all best

Patrick

Try this site.

IIRC, the Istra river is northwest of Moscow. Scroll down to the maps that were added in 30.6.2002. Click on the link "Russia\Central_region_Europe_Topo_200K"

Use this map as reference on which tile you want to download from the first site.

You may want to also download the Cryllic Translator

Edit: after comparing the two maps it looks like the Istra reservoir is located on the tiles marked 90-91-102-103.