A question on crew morale

Guys, I was having a brawl with a PBEM and there was a situation in wich some enemy 20mm guns were hitting my Stug in the left side and some hits were done at the tracks inmobilizing the tank.

I was about 250 meters away from the enemy gun and my crew was regular. They never panic, I just wanted to know if this situation could or was accounted for in any way...some could find this behavior unreal but my grandpa who served in Korea as a mechanic, told me that it could be possible that the guys took the hits because they knew there were low rounds. Could you guys share some toughts? smile.gif

I had an experience in a scenario that shall remain unnaimed;

I had a couple of ATRs shooting for several turns at a (green) T-26. The T-26 was on a road that it couldn't leave due to terrain constraints. The road ran diagonal to the ATRs LOF.

The ATRs scored at least twenty penetrating hits, resulting in a panicked crew but no casualties. No attempt was ever made by the crew to withdraw the tank to safety or to leave the tank.

To me it seem strange that they never hit reverse when receiving penetrating incoming fire from at least one hidden weapon. (In CMBB tanks often reverse when taking larger calibre fire...)

Cheers

Olle

Originally posted by flamingknives:

IIRC, one of the features of the 1.01 patch was to make vehicle crews less prone to bail out when struck repeatedly by small calibre rounds. I guess that they know that such small shell can't hurt them.

Unless, of course, they are the green King Tiger crew in a game I had against the AI the other day, who stuck with it after a penetrating 100mm hit in the side blatted one of the crew, but later, when fully recovered, bailed out at the sound of 25mm pinging off the plating.

All part of the ineluctable stochasticity of the universe, I suppose. Laugh? I pointed some 12cm mortar fire and my other King Tiger at the 25mm crew before I did that.

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

[snips]

To me it seem strange that they never hit reverse when receiving penetrating incoming fire from at least one hidden weapon. (In CMBB tanks often reverse when taking larger calibre fire...)

Agreed.

I cannot recall ever reading any historical account of a tank crew remaining inert after penetrating hits that did not incapacitate crew members, yet I see broken and panicked (but otherwiuse unharmed) crews in CM:BB staying with their vehicles, often under fire.

What is the justification for this behaviour in CM:BB?

All the best,

John.