Campaign Tracker Database

You should be able to just click on the Campaign Tracker File and it will then ask you to link to the Data file. Note that I've fixed some bugs in the Campaign Tracker file, so you might want to use the latest version, which I haven't bothered to upload to the website. I can e-mail you the latest version if you e-mail me with your address; mine is: games at vervecom.net

Once the application and the date file are linked, you can start creating units a platoon at a time, with the unit availability, costs, etc. drawn from CMBB. The basic functionality is described in the manual.

I have never used the file with Access 2003--hopefully it will work.

I still use the program and really enjoy it--really gives some personality to the various units in the campaign because they progress (or degress) depending on their success or lack thereof.

Finally, recall that the program does not do anything to generate battles for you--just tracks the units' status in the course of a campaign.

just sent it.

should work for what you want to use it for; depending on the size of the campaign, there will be two main frustrations:

1) you've got to build units a platoon at a time (ie, a company will need to be three platoons + HQ); and

2) setting the CMBB games up based on the campaign DB, and extracting the CMBB results from the battle in inputting them into the DB, all have to be done manually, which is a drag. I've done this for some rather large battles, and it actually goes pretty quickly, but it is still manual.

let me know if you need some tips, etc.

• 5 months later...

CT deserves a *BUMP*!

I have finaly installed XP and Access and it works well (had a few chrashes that will be reported). Some thing about HQ is still not so clear, perhaps I can solv it by T&E. redface.gif

We all waiting for CMC to come along, but in the meantime perhaps the human intelligense can be used to rum a campaign as well? My impression is that this program can be a nice tool for a GM who operates a minor campaign.

I understand that some people use VASSAL to handle campaigns, the program seems to complicated for me. Anyone who has any experience of "CyberBoard"?

http://cyberboard.brainiac.com/download.html

[ July 24, 2007, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: Sgt AA ]