Flamethrowers and covering fire.. no pun intended!

Gents,

How does one prevent a Flamethrower unit (inf) from expending its entire ammo supply , in one 60 second turn , when all you want to do is say , fire a house once before the infantry go charging in? No matter what I do, my flame units always expend their ammo (typically 6 shots) in what should essentially be , one short burst .. surely there must be a way around this? :confused:

Originally posted by Brigadier:

How does one prevent a Flamethrower unit (inf) from expending its entire ammo supply , in one 60 second turn , when all you want to do is say , fire a house once before the infantry go charging in?

Flamethrowers are fine for suppressing defenders, but doesn't this tactic tend to set the building alight, making storming it a bit difficult?

Originally posted by Trap One:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Brigadier:

How does one prevent a Flamethrower unit (inf) from expending its entire ammo supply , in one 60 second turn , when all you want to do is say , fire a house once before the infantry go charging in?

Flamethrowers are fine for suppressing defenders, but doesn't this tactic tend to set the building alight, making storming it a bit difficult? </font>

As for portable flamethrower units, their ability to sustain long streams of flame was hammpered by the fuel supply. The damn tanks are heavy and cumbersome as they are and when filled where that much heavier. I am surprised you get this many shots off with a portable unit but fits well into the play of the game.