spotters and artillery effects on minefields..

Chaps,

Could you grogs kindly elucidate me as to precisely what the effects of artillery are on minefields? Do the heavier shells destroy the minefield thus clearing a path?

Also is there a reason why I cannont embark my spotters on ANY vehicle? I have been trying many times , using everything from staff cars, HT's and AFV's but I simply cannot get my "Binocular'd ones" to get a ride on anything! Poor lil buggers have to leg it everywhere :confused:

short answer;

Unless you can "walk" a line of craters thru the field, it is still there, so you better pound the hell out of it.

Only radio equipped spotters can ride, so you have to spend the extra money to find out.

Note, something that I noticed for the first time the other day, gave a radio spotter an order to target, but then decided to embark on a track. Later on, I noticed the target line was still active, but the time wasnt counting down. Don't have any ideas on the "usefullness" of this, other than to be able to "hold" a fire without the constant readjustments. I will have to see what happens when the barrage is ongoing and then you mount up. Tell you later.