Another day another mod - sound effects?

I'm downloading all the different collections of effects - is there one regarded more realistic than the other? I believed I used to use the set put together by Oddball but his latest collection seems somewhat different to his original effort. It's still better than the stock sounds in my honest opinion - just wondering what other folk use.

I've actually found the original sounds in the game to be the best. The mods I've downloaded have a "tinny" or static-like quality to them, maybe because they weren't processed correctly. The only audio mods I've kept are those for close combat --- the ones the game give you are very minimal (the shooting of pistols, or perhaps the snapping of bones). The ones I found were pretty horrific.

I remember(3+ yrs ago) when I decided to try some sound mods. You know that little thud sound when arty is dropping smoke rounds, well some sound effects modder decided to make that a normal sounding arty rounds(beefed it up). So when a barrage of smoke shells hit the ground it sounded like all hell was breaking loose. It annoyed the hell outta me. I was finally able to track down the offending wav file and put back in the default wav. But all the other sound effects were great.