Editing battles

I am trying to edit a battle to give the German forces more mobility by adding some halftracks. So I loaded the game into scenario editor and went to the units section, and then added the halftracks into the mix of axis forces at the beginning of the game. Then I saved the game, giving it a new name.

But when I opened that new game, the halftracks didn't show up. I've tried this three times, and I've read the manual on the subject backwards and forwards. But I can't figure out whether I've "purchased" more halftracks than I can have or if I missed a step. I also can't figure out if I can change the total points so as to allow me to purchase more units.

Can someone help? :confused:

Originally posted by HSample:

I am trying to edit a battle to give the German forces more mobility by adding some halftracks. So I loaded the game into scenario editor and went to the units section, and then added the halftracks into the mix of axis forces at the beginning of the game. Then I saved the game, giving it a new name.

I'm not sure exactly what your problem. However, the best way to check your work is, after you have added the units, to go to the map editor and hit "PREVIEW". This will allow you to setup the new halftracks you added. You need to do this anyway since often the computer will place the new units in bad spots. If they don't show up in the Preview, they won't show up when you play the game.

Also, check to make sure that when you added the unit, you didn't add it to a reinforcement.

Aaron

Actually, the halftracks don't show up in the preview mode either. It's weird. They're listed under "chosen" in the units section, but they don't show up in the maps section or when I actually load the game to play.

I'm wondering if by adding halftracks i've gone over my points allotment, but there's nothing telling me that or giving me an error message. And there doesn't appear to be a way to increase my points allotment. I'm stumped! :confused:

Actually, the halftracks don't show up in the preview mode either. It's weird. They're listed under "chosen" in the units section, but they don't show up in the maps section or when I actually load the game to play.

I'm wondering if by adding halftracks i've gone over my points allotment, but there's nothing telling me that or giving me an error message. And there doesn't appear to be a way to increase my points allotment. I'm stumped!

First off, there are no point limits when using the editor, only a max number of units. There is a field called "Location" in the upper right corner of the screen. What does that say?

BTW-Are you using CMBO or CMBB? If you tell me what scenario you are editing, I can give you a step-by-step.

Aaron

I am playing CMBO, and the mission is called Meyer's Decision 3. Location field says "on map." I have 6644 total points listed, comprised of 1515 infantry, 510 support, 0 vehicles, 3514 armor, 1105 artillery and 0 fortification.

I'm trying to add several halftracks to give the axis troops more mobility. I've added the vehicles on the "chosen" list but as I said, they don't show up either in preview mode or when the game is played.

thanks for the help!

I am playing CMBO, and the mission is called Meyer's Decision 3. Location field says "on map." I have 6644 total points listed, comprised of 1515 infantry, 510 support, 0 vehicles, 3514 armor, 1105 artillery and 0 fortification.

Here's exactly what I did ...

Load the Meyer's Descision 3 file

Click on Units

Select Support and add several halftracks.

Click OK

I went to the MAP editor

Click on Preview

The newly added halftracks were in the far northwest corner, well behind enemy lines.

I moved them all into German setup zones

Click GO, and then OK.

Finally I saved it as "Meyer's Descision 4"

I loaded the game and the 1/2tracks were where I put them.

Aaron